THIS IS NOT THE SALE POST. YOU CANNOT BUY THINGS FROM HERE.
The Ben Jonson Memorial Fundraiser will take place on February 2, 2011 (Ben's birthday). All proceeds will go to the University of Wisconsin-Madison Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital
's Companion Animal Fund
Please spread the word!
I will be selling:MISCELLANEOUS
KYLE MURCHISON BOOTH
- 1 copy of Studies in English Literature, 1500-1900 42.1 (Winter 2002), which contains my sole academic article, "Speaking and Silent Women in Upon Appleton House": $5
- 1 copy of Concussed, from Concussion (Eastercon 2006), which includes stuff from a whole bunch of cool people--M. John Harrison, Hal Duncan, Elizabeth Hand, Jay Lake, Jo Walton, Elizabeth Wein, etc.--and "Toward a Praxis of World-Building," which is a reprint of a couple blog posts of mine: $5
- 1 copy of Paradox: The Magazine of Historical and Speculative Fiction 10 (Winter 2006-2007), containing my novelette "Amante Dorée," about a transsexual prostitute/spy in an AU New Orleans: $5
- 1 copy of The Queen in Winter (New York: Berkley Books, 2006)--fantasy/romance anthology with stories from Claire Delacroix, Lynn Kurland, Sharon Shinn, and me (my story, A Gift of Wings, is set in Meduse*, although it has no other connection with the Doctrine of Labyrinths): $20
- 1 copy of Lovecraft's Weird Mysteries #7 (first publication of "The Inheritance of Barnabas Wilcox"): $5
- 1 copy of All Hallows 35 (February 2004) (first publication of "Bringing Helena Back"): $10
- 1 copy of All Hallows 41 (February 2006) (first publication of "Drowning Palmer"): $10
- 10 copies of the first edition of The Bone Key (you should know, if you're thinking of buying it, that The Bone Key is going to be rereleased later this year, with story notes, a new introduction, and a new cover): $15 per copy
I also want to do a limited edition chapbook of the four uncollected Booth stories: "The Replacement," "The World Without Sleep," "White Charles," "The Yellow Dressing Gown." Working title is Unnatural Creatures
. Price will be $20, although in this one instance, not ALL proceeds will go to the Companion Animal Fund, as some will have to go to production costs. But I will not take a cut.
By "limited edition," I mean a print run of 50. If you would be interested, please comment here, so that I can make a guess as to whether it's worth doing. And if more than 50 people indicate interest, I will consider making it a print run of 100 instead. Unnatural Creatures will be on sale from 02/02 2:00 P.M. CST to 02/03 2:00 P.M. CST. This will be a "speak now or forever hold your peace" kind of deal.A COMPANION TO WOLVES
THE DOCTRINE OF LABYRINTHS
- 5 copies of A Companion to Wolves (hardback): $25 per copy
- 5 copies of A Companion to Wolves (paperback): $7 per copy
- 10 sets of the Doctrine of Labyrinths in paperback: $35 per set
- 2 copies of Mélusine (hardback): $30 per copy
- 3 copies of The Virtu (hardback): $30 per copy
- 2 copies of The Mirador (hardback): $30 per copy
- 3 copies of Corambis (hardback): $30 per copy
And I will auction off my last set of the Doctrine of Labyrinths in hardback. Starting bid will be $100.
All items will be signed. They will be personalized at the discretion of the buyer. I will ship anywhere in the world.
The sale and auction will start on February 2, 2011, at two o'clock P.M. Central Standard Time. The auction will run until two o'clock P.M. CST, February 3, 2011. The sale will run until either everything's gone or it's obvious people are done buying. All payments will be made via PayPal, and there will also be a button for those who don't want or can't afford to buy anything, but who would still like to make a donation.
Have I forgotten anything? Have a question? Please leave a comment!
*Meduse is my name for the world of the Doctrine of Labyrinths.